Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome to a new school year!

Hello Parents,

I would like to welcome you to our blog for Anita Scott Elementary.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Don Jacobs and I am currently serving as the principal here at Anita Scott Elementary. This year will count has my 15th year in education. I started teaching in 1999 and taught high school computer and mathematics at a small private school called Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita, Kansas. After two years, I moved to a public school and taught 8th grade mathematics. Afterwards, my wife and moved to Texas and I began teaching 5th graders at Beaver Technology Center in Garland, Texas and eventually went on to teach 4th grade in Rockwall ISD. When Harry H Herndon Intermediate was built, I was asked to serve as the assistant principal for four years and now I am serving here at Anita Scott Elementary. I am very excited to be a part of the Anita Scott family!

Don JacobsWhen I am not busy being the principal of the best school in Texas, I am a husband and father. My wife and I have two beautiful children; a girl and boy. My daughter is eight years old and my son is six. I enjoy cooking and especially baking at home. Even as an adult, I love playing video games also.

I have a bachelors degree in Education from Emmaus Bible College and a master degrees in Educational Leadership from Dallas Baptist University. Currently, I am working on completing my doctorate degree through Dallas Baptist University.

I hope you enjoy our blog. This is a place where you can find some great information and news about our campus. Throughout the school year, I will continue to update and "tweak" this site so you will have the information you need the most.

Later, I will be posting some information about our "Meet the Teacher" night and back to school news.

Don Jacobs, Principal @ Anita Scott Elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment